The millennium star, Amitabh Bachchan celebrates his birthday every year on October 11. With over 200 Bollywood movies to his credit, he is hands-down the legend of Indian cinema. But the journey to his huge success wasn't a cakewalk for Bachchan. He has had his own struggles and failures in life, but he made his dreams come true with grit, determination, and hard work.
Here Are 5 Lesser-Known Facts About Big B
Bollywood • 11 May, 2022 • 2,841 Views
We list below 5 facts about Sr Bachchan that make him the star and personality he is:
- Amitabh Bachchan is the only actor to have done a double role in 14 movies and a triple role in one movie.
- He suffers from a rare muscular disorder called myasthenia gravis that causes varying degrees of skeletal muscle weakness.
- Bachchan originally wanted to pursue engineering and join the Indian Air Force, but eventually turned to act in movies and the rest is history!
- Amitabh Bachchan gave 12 consecutive flop films before delivering his first hit Zanjeer in 1973. During his days of struggle, actor/director Mehmood who was his mentor back then offered him a place to live in his own house. Amitabh's first salary was just Rs 300.
- Despite being the superstar of his time, Amitabh Bachchan went bankrupt in the 1990s. He asked for a job from Yash Chopra and hence bagged a role in the movie Mohabbatein. He slowly and steadily bounced back to success and financial stability.
Amitabh Bachchan is indeed a man-made up of his failures and success alike.
Test your knowledge of Bollywood here:
Play a Practice Quiz
SRK's 'Jawan' Hits ₹700 Cr Worldwide
Bollywood • 14 Sept, 2023 • 1,344 Views
Haddi Movie Review: A Tale of Revenge and Redemption
Bollywood • 8 Sept, 2023 • 3,296 Views
Jawan Movie Review: Shah Rukh Khan Shines in Gripping Action Thriller
Bollywood • 7 Sept, 2023 • 6,496 Views
Top 5 Bollywood Films for Teacher's Day 2023
Bollywood • 4 Sept, 2023 • 1,803 Views
Kushi 2023 Movie: Where Romance Meets Rivalry – A Cinematic Delight
Bollywood • 1 Sept, 2023 • 2,242 Views